Mitchell Earl Tuckness
1603 W CLAYTON AVENUE, LOVINGTON, NM 88260 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ø Highly accomplished Windows Systems Administrator and Helpdesk/Desktop Manager with years of remote and desk-side support experience, including configuration, installation, maintenance, and upgrades.
Ø Skilled in supporting escalations of software, hardware, server, printer, other peripherals, and local/Internet connectivity issues; adept in managing VPN, VOIP, DNS, and DHCP.
Ø Extensive experience deploying Windows servers and workstations, configuring operating systems and proprietary software, and administering/installing/maintaining Active Directory.
Ø Self-starter and effective communicator, known for learning new systems and processes quickly and resolving issues in less time than expected. Skilled in implementing workflow and process resolutions.
Platforms/Systems: Windows Server 2003/2012-2019, Windows 2000/2003/XP/NT/Vista/7/8/10, Linux (Redhat, Ubuntu, Centos)
Hardware: Dell/IBM/HP, Desktops/Laptops, PDAs, Cell Phones, Tablets, Peripherals
Networking: LAN/WAN/MAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, VOIP, Cisco ASA, VPN
Software: Active Directory, MS Office Suite, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, MySQL, Norton, McAfee, VMWare, Veeam, Symantec /Corporate AV/ Kaspersky AV, Instigate, Backup Exec, Exagrid
LEA COUNTY, Lovington, NM 2012 – Present
IT Administrator for County 911 Agency, Windows environment, network, PC, Emergency 911 systems and workstation administration for Lea County. Sole support Administrator for Lea County Communication Authority. I monitor, troubleshoot and manage all emergency 911 systems including the county Emergency Operations Center, along with providing Tier 3 remote and desk-side support services to the county 911 Emergency Dispatchers.
· Administer Active Directory including security and global group policy management for Windows based systems.
· Manage DNS, DHCP, file shares and external access policies, including secure wireless access for visiting federal agencies and guests.
· Collaborate with management to determine IT support priorities and technical roadmaps for projects; including Project Management Duties for all Emergency Services and upgrade plans; identify and purchase IT equipment.
· Coordinate resolution of advanced issues with third party vendors and State Agencies including NCIC, Homeland Security and other Emergency Services Agencies and act as the sole escalation point for business critical application and data issues.
· Manage all servers within the agency, applying server patches security patches and upgrades as needed; maintain system backups and disaster recovery plans.
· Manage Lea County Addressing and assign all addresses within the County. Work with ESRI GIS Software to create and name all roads and infrastructure including county maps.
· Manage and maintain the national MSAG (Master Street Addressing Guide) for all roads within the County. Including extensions of existing roads and ranges, addition of new ones and correcting E-911 addresses as errors are found.
Mitchell Earl Tuckness ~ email@example.com Page Two
- Designed and deployed a plan for a hardware upgrade and software version update to the existing 7 year old CAD system (Computer Aided Dispatch).
- Create and use multiple GPO’s and OU’s to better manage computer environments for software deployment, including SCCM.
- Designed and deployed secure, wireless network with multiple access points for roaming within County Agencies.
- Updated outdated network infrastructure to modern Cisco switch stacks utilizing 10GB Fiber, multiple VLANs, security encryption and bandwidth management schema.
- Develop and maintain hardware upgrade rotation schedule to meet modern rotation standards.
- Create and maintaine SCCM and other patch management environments for software and security.
- Updated the existing addressing schema to better manage road types and fixed existing issues with the MapSAG software to compensate for spatial resolutions.
ELECTRONIC ARTS, Fairfax, VA 2007 – 2011
Led support for Windows environment, network, PC, and workstation administration for Bioware Mythic, an Electronic Arts studio with more than 300 users and upwards of 600 PCs. Supervised 3-member local helpdesk team, delegated and monitored workload, and provided Tier 3 remote and desk-side support.
· Administered Cisco ASA VPN, Cisco VOIP Call Manager/Unity, and Active Directory including security and global group policy management for Windows based systems.
· Managed DNS, DHCP, file shares and external access policies, including wireless access for guests.
· Collaborated with management to determine IT support priorities and technical roadmaps for projects; developed daily work schedules and ongoing project plans; identified and purchased IT equipment.
· Coordinated resolution of advanced issues and acted as escalation point for business critical application and data issues. Monitored remedial actions and ensured technical and process issues were corrected.
· Managed all servers within studio group, applying server patches and security patches and upgrades; maintained system backups and disaster recovery plans.
· Automated daily maintenance using WSUS, McAfee EPO, and other programs.
- Designed, deployed and managed offsite backup systems using NetApp Storage devices (automated systems backup),
- Introduced ticketing system to queue and track current work and allow group to check status at a glance.
- Used multiple GPO’s to manage computer environments for software deployment to Antivirus Updates.
- Created secure, wireless network with multiple access points for roaming within corporate building.
- Developed and maintained aggressive hardware upgrade rotation schedule to meet continuously changing and increasingly demanding engineering standards.
- Created and maintained WSUS environment for 600 PC’s.
- Successfully upgraded a multi-domain Active Directory forest from Windows server 2003 to 2008 R2.
Mitchell Earl Tuckness ~ firstname.lastname@example.org Page Three
JACOBS ENTERTAINMENT INC., Carson City, NV 2006
Administered network, managed enterprise system functions, supported non-networked computerized systems, and ensured WAN and VPN connectivity to corporate offices countrywide.
· Maintained VOIP system, managed DNS, DHCP, file server organization and share management, and oversaw Active Directory in regards to user administration, security, and global group policy.
· Provided support and system administration for multiple non-networked systems, such as Info-Genesis Point of Sale (restaurants), Acres Gaming System (slot machines), and Micros Opera (resort operations).
CAPITAL CITY ENTERTAINMENT INC., Carson City, NV 2004 – 2006
Computer Network Administrator / Help Desk Support
Managed corporate network, acted as only Helpdesk Support Technician, and maintained VPN connections to outlying properties for approximately 100 users across two casino properties. Oversaw hardware and software issue resolution, installed custom applications, and monitored/repaired network connectivity. Assisted in configuration, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of network infrastructure.
· Provided Helpdesk support for all issues, including hardware repair, software conflict resolution, application end user issues, printing problems, and local connectivity failures.
· Partnered with business users and management regarding technology enhancements, recommending systems that ultimately improved overall business functionality.
· Troubleshot all aspects of the network; from point of sale systems to the slot accounting system (ACRES –IGT Advantage).
· Created and maintained system documentation, mapped network drive, and ensured system changes were updated.
- Developed and deployed network solutions utilizing Microsoft 2000-2003 Servers with XP clients; built and maintained Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy solutions.
- Installed and configured VPN client.
- Linked properties with point-to-point T1’s for data transfer of patrons’ information.
- Utilized SQL and Pervasive controls in a clustered server environment to provide redundancy in catastrophic server loss situations.
- Developed and introduced security solution to minimize viral and malicious software intrusion, including Symantec Corporate AV and Firewall filters and policies using Instigate firewall hardware/software tools.
RELOCATION FROM CA TO NV 2003 – 2004
SILICONAVE.COM, Fullerton, CA 1996 – 2002
Associate of Arts, Liberal Studies, Fullerton College, Fullerton, CA, 1998